A Complete Guide to Aromatherapy with Essential Oils
Aromatherapy offers so many benefits to individuals, and essential oils can be used daily to improve your mental and physical health. If you’ve ever considered trying aromatherapy before, keep reading, as today we’re going to share our guide to getting started with aromatherapy and the benefits, you’ll experience by adding this practice to your life.
What is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is a holistic healing treatment that’s been used for hundreds of years by individuals around the world. Alongside your healthy lifestyle and training sessions at Braxton Fitness, you can use aromatherapy to promote good wellbeing and health. It’s sometimes referred to as essential oil therapy, and you’ll use essential oils to improve your mind and body. Aromatherapy can be incorporated into your life in a few different ways, and it works through either the sense of smell or skin absorption. Diffusers are the most common way to add aromatherapy to your house, but you might also want to consider sprays, bath salts, or creams. It’s all about finding a simple way to add aromatherapy into your life and learning to select the right scents for the goals you are trying to achieve.
Essential Oil Diffusers
One of the simplest ways to get into aromatherapy is with an essential oil diffuser. This makes it easier to add this practice into your daily life and will take only minutes to get started. It can be used to create a more relaxing ambiance in your house or support sleep if this is something you struggle with. For people who are working from home, it can help to boost alertness and motivation, which is something we all could benefit from. There are so many different diffusers on the market today, so you’ll want to find one that fits with your home décor, and that will be quick and easy to use after a busy day of working and training at Gilbert Fitness. You can opt for ones that work with candles, or electric diffusers are a more popular option currently.
What are the Benefits of Aromatherapy?
There are so many reasons that you might want to start adding aromatherapy to your life. Regardless of what your current goals are when working out at our gym in Mobile, AL, you’ll find aromatherapy can help you to live a healthier and more fulfilling life:
- Improved sleep – If you struggle with insomnia, aromatherapy can help you to relax more and switch off your mind before going to sleep. It’s known to help improve the quality of sleep, and you’ll find lavender is the best scent for this condition.
- Reduce anxiety – Anxiety is something that so many of us struggle with, but lavender and rose essential oils can help to calm you down and reduce anxiety. If your mind is constantly racing with anxious thoughts, choosing a calming scent might help to reduce the stress you are feeling.
- Minimize pain – While you might think that aromatherapy primarily offers emotional and mental health benefits, it can also have a positive impact on your body after training at Braxton Fitness. Essential oils can be used during massage to help relieve sore muscles and joints.
- Boost your energy levels – Aromatherapy isn’t just reserved for relaxation and can also be used to boost your energy levels. So many of us find that in the middle of the working day, our energy levels drop, which is the perfect time to start diffusing essential oils. We recommend using lemon or peppermint for this reason, as they will both help to reduce fatigue and give you more energy.
- A safe treatment – Essential oils are a natural and safe solution, as they are all extracted from plants. Ensure when you are choosing essential oils that you only purchase natural products that don’t have any added chemicals, and you’ll find them safe to diffuse around your home or use on your skin when mixed with lotion or massage oil.
The Best Aromatherapy Oils for First-Time Users
With so many different aromatherapy oils to choose from, we know it can be a little overwhelming to know which would be the best one to select. These are a few of the most common essential oils that we recommend for beginners but consider trying out a selection of these to find the ones that work for you at different times of the day. You can mix and match different oils to create the perfect blend for your house or skin.
Lemon is known for its mood-boosting qualities, and research suggests it is a powerful antidepressant. You’ll find that if you are struggling to concentrate during the day, this is a great option to diffuse to wake you up and keep you motivated.
Cinnamon oil is used in aromatherapy to help with chest colds but can also be applied directly to the body in order to soothe aches and pains. Cinnamon is an antiseptic, which has both antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities.
Lemongrass is one of our favorite essential oils and offers another great energy boost. It’s known for lifting your mood thanks to its cheerful scent and is sometimes used to repel insects.
Your set of essential oils wouldn’t be complete without lavender, which is the best option for anyone who struggles to sleep at night. Use lavender oil in the bedroom or in lavender massage oil for best results, and you’ll find that you have one of the best night’s sleep you’ve experienced in a long time.
Sign up for your first free workout!
For anyone who is looking for a way to enhance their health and wellbeing practices they’ve put in place at Braxton Gilbert Fitness Mobile, you’ll love having a go at using essential oils for the first time. Whether you choose to use essential oils with a diffuser or as part of your skincare routine, you’ll find there are many benefits of adding these products to your daily life. With so many different scents to choose from, everyone can find the perfect pick-me-up to enhance their home and boost their mood in the future.