If you are considering starting a new diet, you’ve no doubt come across the Beachbody diet. As the name suggests, you may want to try this diet before heading on vacation or for a special occasion. The same as with any diet, you will want to ensure you are eating a balanced and healthy diet that will give you the energy you need to also train with our team here at Braxton Gilbert Fitness Mobile. Keep reading as we discover everything you need to know about the Beachbody diet and whether this is a good solution for you.
What is the Beachbody Diet?
The Beachbody diet is associated with the brand of the same name and is based around portion-controlled meals. Their most popular diet plan is the 21 Day Fix eating plan, and this is the one you’ll find discussed most when looking at their diet options. The menu plan is based on different food groups and portion sizes, and some people opt to color code these portions with containers to ensure they are sticking to the correct quantities. The groups are protein, seeds and oils, carbohydrates, vegetables, healthy fats, and fruits.
In order to determine how many calories you need to consume, it will take into account the types of trainers you work with and the exercise you do on a regular basis. While you’ll likely cut down on the number of calories you are currently consuming, you should still be obtaining enough calories for your Gilbert Fitness sessions. The menu usually recommends 40% carbohydrates, 30% fat, and 30% proteins, which is similar to many standard diet recommendations.
How Does the Beachbody Diet Work?
The Beachbody diet is tailored to your personal training in Mobile schedule, so you will consume the correct portions of macronutrients at each meal. This then puts you into a calorie deficit. The aim is to consume fewer calories than you burn each day, which will result in you losing weight. Many of us each much more than we need to after working out in the best gyms in Mobile, AL, and so learning more about portion control is an excellent step for improving your overall health.
The Benefits of the Beachbody Diet
There are many benefits of this diet, however, you’ll also want to consider whether this is the right option for your needs. We appreciate how it’s based around your activity level at Braxton Fitness, but for some individuals, portion control can become far too restrictive to maintain. As the main program is the 21 Day Fix, it’s a good short-term option for a quick weight loss solution before a special occasion. This diet requires a fair bit of meal prepping because it’s very structured, however, when you learn to meal prep, you’ll find it saves you plenty of time as the week goes on. It’s a great introduction to whole foods for anyone who is used to relying on takeout and restaurants too much. You’ll find that you minimize the need for refined sugar and salty junk food in your diet and replace these with real foods.
Suggested Meal Plans for the Diet
When it comes to the Beachbody diet, we always recommend you think about your personal goals first. If you do have any digestive issues or blood sugar imbalances, make sure you consult with your doctor first before trying out this diet. As we mentioned earlier, the 21 Day Fix is the most popular plan, but there are a few other options that may be more suitable to your current fitness goals at Braxton Fitness:
- 21 Day Fix Eating Plan – The 21 Day Fix is based around portion-control containers and teaches you how to use these. This meal plan is relatively relaxed in comparison to some of the others below and does allow for some treats and alcoholic drinks. You are encouraged to primarily eat whole foods and then cut back on processed foods that are higher in calories.
- 21 Day Fix EXTREME Eating Plan – If you want to take things up a notch, this eating plan is a lot more restrictive, with a limited food list, no treats, and no alcohol. It’s a very clean diet plan which can be used long-term if done safely. They do have a short-term option, the Countdown to Competition, but we only encourage you to use this on a temporary basis.
- Vegan Fix Eating Plan – For anyone looking for a vegan-friendly solution to enhance their work with a personal trainer in Mobile, you could consider this plant-based diet. It’s focused on grains and legumes, and you will find it more interesting than other diets that rely too heavily on soy.
Foods You Can Enjoy on the Diet Plan
There are many delicious meals and snacks you can enjoy on the 21 Day Fix, and these are just a few of the ones you’ll want to base your diet on to be successful:
- Fruits and Vegetables – Aim for three to six portions of vegetables a day and two to four portions of fruit
- Lean Protein – Stick to skinless chicken breasts, eggs, fish, tofu, and low-fat Greek yogurt.
- Whole Grains – The serving of this is much smaller than you may be used to, at just half a cup. Recommended grains include brown rice, lentils, and quinoa, but you can also enjoy potatoes and sweet potatoes.
- Healthy Fats – Avocados, cheeses, and nuts are allowed, but you shouldn’t consume more than 1/3 cup. Some oils and nut butters are allowed in moderation each day on the plan.
Sign up for your first free workout!
When considering a new diet, we always encourage you to speak with our team at Gilbert Fitness to check this would be a good option to go alongside your current training plan. While a diet can be an excellent way to start your weight loss journey, sometimes, you just need to focus on a balanced lifestyle and fitness plan. By following the advice listed above, you can decide whether the Beachbody diet is a good option for your needs and start safely trying to lose weight in the upcoming months.