The Instant Pot Can Save You Time And Money
If you are looking for one of the best ways to save time and money in the kitchen, look no further than the Instant Pot. This incredible device has taken the world by storm, and even the most inexperienced chefs will enjoy the benefits that it can offer you. Keep reading as we share with you some of our top tips for using the Instant Pot and some of our favorite recipes to try in this device. So many of our team at Braxton Gilbert Fitness Mobile love using this cooking tool after training, and we know it will help anyone enjoy a healthy and stress-free lifestyle.
What is an Instant Pot?
Before we go any further, let’s take a look at what the Instant Pot is. This multicooker has a wide variety of features, which include slow cooking, pressure cooking, steaming, and rice cooking. The Instant Pot was first introduced in 2010, but currently, there are models of all sizes and shapes to choose from. It’s a safe and effective device to add to any kitchen setup, and for anyone who loves working out with different types of personal trainers, you’ll find it to be a great way to refuel after each training session.
Sign up for your first free workout!
Tips and Tricks for Using Your New Instant Pot
When you are first using the Instant Pot, you’ll want to keep experimenting to find the best ways to make the most of this device. These are a few of our top tips:
- Liquid when pressure cooking – When using the pressure-cooking feature, make sure you use at least half a cup of liquid each time. This is the only way the pressure and steam can be built up, and you’ll want to ensure you don’t skip out on the liquid, or it won’t have the same effect.
- Add different liquids – You don’t just have to use water in the Instant Pot, and in fact, you can add a variety of liquids in order to add more flavor to the dishes. By using broths, stocks, and juices, you can add more flavor to your food. We love adding chicken broth to chicken dishes or flavoring rice using this method.
- Adjust the temperature – While there are so many different cooking functions to choose from, don’t forget to also adjust the temperature when you are using the slow cooker or sauté function. This will ensure that your dish is cooked to perfection each and every time.
- Add on extra time when using the pressure cooker – When you are using the pressure buttons, make sure you add on about 10 to 15 minutes to your preparation time. This will ensure you have enough time for the Instant Pot to pressurize, and you won’t leave your family getting too hungry or impatient.
- Avoid overcooking food – One of the great benefits of using the Instant Pot is just how quickly it can cook your meals. However, you’ll want to be sure that you don’t overcook food, especially meats and vegetables. This will make for a very mushy or unpleasant meal, so we suggest cutting back on the cooking time and then adding more after if needed.
- Use dairy with caution – One thing we’ve noticed since using the Instant Pot here at Braxton Fitness is that it’s not the best at dealing with dairy in sauces. You’ll want to be very careful when adding cheese or milk to the Instant Pot and ensure you don’t overcook it. That being said, the yogurt-making function is excellent, and it’s the perfect snack to help you refuel after training at a gym in Mobile, AL.
Our Top Recipes for the Instant Pot
With so many different features to choose from, the options for dishes you can prepare in the Instant Pot are unlimited. These are a few of our favorite dishes, which we highly recommend having a go at with your Instant Pot.
Soups are one of our favorite dishes to enjoy in the winter months, and they can be a great way to add more vegetables to your diet. Instead of spending hours standing over the stove, use the Instant Pot to save you time and money. One of our favorite recipes here at Gilbert Fitness is a smoky tomato white bean soup, but we also love creating basic dishes such as tomato soup. You can create soups that are low in calories yet high in fiber, which will keep you feeling fuller for longer.
The Instant Pot is known for creating perfect rice dishes, and risotto is something that many people struggle to cook well. Cook butternut or mushroom risotto in your Instant Pot with the pressure cooker function. You can easily adapt these recipes to create vegan-friendly and gluten-free dishes too.
Sign up for your first free workout!
Beef Stew with Vegetables
If you are looking for a warming dish to serve your family this winter, a bowl of Instant Pot beef stew with root vegetables will do just the trick. You’ll love this one-pot meal, which can also be keto-friendly if needed. Save money by adding any leftover vegetables you have at home to create a nutritious and delicious meal your whole family will enjoy.
Instant Pot Curry
For anyone who enjoys trying exotic dishes, the Instant Pot is a great way to try something new this week. Consider cooking a coconut lentil curry or a classic chicken curry, which will be much simpler than cooking it on the stovetop. You can add as much or as little spice as you can handle, and you’ll find there are plenty of vegan and vegetarian curry recipes on offer.
As you can see, the Instant Pot is a very versatile and user-friendly device that we believe anyone can benefit from. With a little experimentation, you’ll find it to be the perfect tool to save you time and money in the kitchen and will help to make cooking after working out at Braxton Gilbert Fitness Mobile a much quicker and more enjoyable experience.